LUC/AF flyer – (A4, 2-sided) (Note the flyer is produced at A4 size but intended to be used on double-sided A5 flyers, be sure to check printer settings before you run off a hundred of the buggers, aye?)
“Anarchists support the workers on N30.
November 30th is a huge display of workers’ anger.
The government’s austerity measures are hitting the working class, through wage freezes, cuts in benefits, local services & the NHS, fast rising unemployment rates, & redundancies, as well as the major reason for the November 30th strike action – the attack on pensions. Public sector workers will have to pay more into their pensions, work longer, & receive less when they eventually retire. In the private sector, some workers don’t even get a pension, while bankers and bosses have no financial worries & retire whenever they want. The pensions dispute isn’t about public sector versus private sector, it is about workers versus bosses. Future strike action needs to incorporate private as well as public sector workers.
Anarchists are workers & we are directly involved in workers’ struggle. It is incredibly exciting that so many workers are striking in solidarity at the same time. However, there is more to be done. Strike action needs to continue, but union leaders will not go far enough, channeling our anger & dissent into weak, tokenistic forms of protest. Striking unions have been balloted for discontinuous action, giving the option to stage multiple strikes. We need to make sure these strikes are as far reaching and militant as possible.
We strongly advocate solidarity action. The more workers involved, the more scared the government & bosses get. Our strength & safety is in numbers – public & private sector workers must be united in industrial action. The more who strike & support on November 30th, the more successful it will be, making future actions easier.
There are plenty of ways to keep up the pressure & the struggle, such as:
• Refusing to cross picket lines
• Strengthening picket lines by encouraging family members, non-unionised workers & the unemployed or retired to stand alongside striking workers & school/university students to walk out in solidarity with their teachers & lecturers
• Organising workplace meetings to build support for strike action
• Encouraging those who feel they can’t take part in directly supporting strike action (such as non-unionised workers or those in other sectors) to phone in sick on the day
• Sending solidarity delegations from picket lines to other workplaces
Anarchists support workers’ self-organisation & resistance. We can carry on the fight through mass assemblies & unite as a class to fight the attacks on our livelihoods.
Solidarity to all strikers & strike supporters on November 30th 2011”
“A Huge Display of Workers’ Anger
Anarchists Support the Workers on N30
• Don’t cross picket lines!
• Organise support for strike action in your workplace
• family members, students, non-unionised workers, unemployed
& retired people can help to strengthen picket lines
• encourage non-unionised or private sector workers to phone in sick
• Send solidarity delegations between picket lines & to other workplaces
Solidarity to all strikers & strike supporters on November 30th 2011“